Example of tail lights
2. Determine how to remove your tail light bulb. Some tail light bulbs will be removed from the outside of the vehicle and will require you to remove the tail light casing from the vehicle. Some bulbs will be removed from the inside of the trunk. Skip to step 5 if your tail light bulb is changed through the trunk.
TIP: Many makes and models of vehicles have different ways to remove the tail light housing from the vehicle. Please consult your owner’s manual and read through your vehicle’s process before going any further.
Loosen any fasteners that are holding the casing to the vehicle.
3. Carefully remove or pry the tail light housing from the vehicle body using a flat head screw driver. Make sure you use a soft, thick cloth to buffer the paint from the metal screw driver.
4. Once the casing is removed, you may need to release the bulb.
5. Rotate the bulb and remove it from its housing.
7. Insert the new bulb and make sure to reconnect the wiring before you reattach the tail light casing to the vehicle. Guess what! You can change a tail light!